Friday 18 January 2013

russiness / vse budet horosho





This is postcard from 70s. 

It's a town where I was born. Shevchenko, in Kazakhstan, that was still USSR republic in late 80s. Now it's called Aktau, and it's a huge turistical city. Too modern, I guess, but I haven't been there since my parents left this place. I was 3. 
Years during and after USSR fell apart was really hard for people to get food, especially for distant places like Shevchenko. There could be no food delivery for long, and when it finally appeared in the store, there always was a line - people could spend hours waiting for the most necessary products.

90s in Russia are often recalled by enormous amount of crime & danger.

I wrote 'everything will be alright' on it. Vse budet horosho

*



So  I decided to collect some of what I called 'russiness'
to show what is really there for me
except for bears and vodka, of course.


These videos are made in Moscow in the beginning of 20th century. 



In the era of kings still,
before communists came and burnt the churches and changed a lot of things.
It's not necessary to watch the whole video.
It should be close to this right now in Moscow.

I enjoy this one even more:


~*~*~
Russian Nostalgic Trip

Knowing that I'm gonna leave, I was taking pictures of places that I was used to.
Just wanted to make some beautiful touching pieces to not to forget
and to create new feelings as well.

By film photography
By multiexposure
By colors.

First series is for Moscow.
 Photographs from last summer












*








*
Room where I lived for 11 years and had to pack all the stuff before I left. So everything moved


This is my family on the kitchen of the same appartment. Granny, stepfather and my sweetheart mother.






*
Next photo is from one of Moscow's metro stations. Moscow metro is designed ecletically, each station has it's own character: lots of mosaic and Soviet Union motives
This slogan is about Lenin




One more room where I lived


Huge musical theatre with unusual architecture and organ inside





to be continued:

St. Petersburg and Hitchhiking to EcoTrance Festival Trimurti.







No comments:

Post a Comment